Physics and Science-Based Business
This combination of science and business will both train you as a researcher in Physics and prepare you for going into industry and business.
In close co-operation with senior research staff, you will do your own research project in the Leiden Institute of Physics. Courses on theory and experimentation on the frontier of Science will further enhance your knowledge. In a networked and case-based programme on management, business and entrepreneurship you will learn about running science-driven companies and exploiting business opportunities created in research. Your newly acquired knowledge and skills you will apply and enhance further in a company internship or business assignment.
Reasons to Choose Physics and Science-Based Business in Leiden:
- Excellent research groups, both theoretical and experimental, in which many students graduate with a publication in an international refereed journal.
- You have considerable freedom to tailor your master programme to your personal interests and ambitions.
- A degree that qualifies for enrolment in a Ph.D. programme in a science discipline
- Research training enhances a multitude of personal skills crucial for effectively operating in both a research and a business environment.
- An internship programme that bridges the gap between the science curriculum and the career opportunities in industry and business.
- The collaboration with companies on the Bio Science Park, one of the biggest in Europe and breeding ground for science research-based companies.