German Language and Linguistics
The Master’s in Linguistics specialisation in German Language and Linguistics at Leiden University offers in-depth knowledge of German linguistic theory and practice. You will acquire a high level of fluency in German in a unique programme that encourages you to explore your own ideas and research plans – whether your preferences are linguistic theory, fieldwork or psycholinguistic experiments.
Choose German Language and Linguistics at Leiden University:
- Study linguistic phenomena in German with additional typological aspects, for example with respect to the similarities and differences between German and Dutch.
- Gain a broad and deep knowledge of the empirical, theoretical, and experimental approaches to linguistics.
- Learn from scholars of high standing who are trained in both linguistics and language acquisition.
- Acquire skills that are highly valued in the job market, preparing you for a future career in academia or professions that require strong communication skills, organisational abilities, and didactic and/or academic skills.
- Transfer your ideas into concrete research proposals with the support of experienced tutors, or contribute to the research on the German language.
Check out the programme in German Language and Linguistics.