The European Law Master’s is taught by staff of the Europa Institute at Leiden Law School, who are recognised for their extensive expertise on European Union law and European Human Rights law . Courses are based on their current research, which focuses on five areas of particular relevance for European integration:
• The Euro crisis and its consequences
• The increasing prominence of human rights in the European legal order
• Migration and EU citizenship
• Economic Governance in the EU, including social and non-discrimination law
• The External Dimension of European Integration
These five focal points are unified by the research theme ‘Constitutional Transformation of European Integration’.
Our current Leiden staff includes:
• Prof. Dr. Rick Lawson, Professor European Law and Dean of the Faculty. His expertise includes European Law and Human Rights
• Prof. Dr. Christophe Hillion, Professor of European Law
• Prof. Dr. Stefaan van den Bogaert, Professor European law and Director of the Europa Institute . His expertise includes the Four Freedoms, Market Regulation, Competition Law, Sports Law
• Dr. Jorrit Rijpma, Associate Professor European Law. His expertise includes Institutional Law; European migration law; Area of Freedom; Security and Justice
For further information on our lecturing staff, please consult the website of the Europa Institute.