Leiden University offers five different specialisations in the MSc programme in Computer Science.
Three specialisations are dedicated to the research areas of the Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science:
- Computer Science and Advanced Data Analytics
- Data Science for Computer Science
The other two specialisations are more broadly oriented, and combine at least one year of the computer science curriculum with training in which specific career opportunities in science-related professions can be explored:
- Computer Science and Science-Based Business.
- Computer Science and Science Communication and Society
Reasons to Choose Computer Science in Leiden
- The programme offers stimulating, significant and innovative research in the field of Computer Science, including recent advances in Data Analytics and Natural Computing.
- Research at the Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science (LIACS) has an excellent international reputation.
- The strength of the programmes is the individual approach: an individually tailored programme will be designed for each student.
- The researchers and assistants are easily accessible. Students and staff work closely together in a research-oriented environment.
- Students with an MSc in Computer Science are admissible to a PhD programme.
- It provides students with a thorough computer science background that will allow them to pursue careers in research or industrial environments.