Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences and Science Communication and Society
The Master’s specialisation in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences and Science Communication and Society offers you the opportunity to combine research experience with programmes in diverse aspects of science communication, such as journalism, new media, museology and information visualisation.
Students of this Master’s specialisation have an excellent opportunity to broaden their studies outside their own specialist field. During the work placement they are able to try out the interesting opportunities offered by a career as scientific communicator or scientific journalist. The experiences and insights gained will be of benefit to those who intend to continue in an academic environment, for example as a PhD candidate in their own specialist field. The ability to communicate about science is an essential skill which all scientists should master.
Reasons to Choose Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences in Leiden
- The Master’s programme in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences is primarily focused on research within the entire area of drug research.
- The programme is offered by the Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research, a leading institute dedicated to world-class research and education in drug discovery and development. Students participate actively in research projects of excellent quality.
- In Leiden education in drug research at Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences can be combined with training in education, science communication, or science-based business. The examination programme is designed on an individual basis and offers a high degree of freedom of choice.
- Students enrolled in the Master’s programme Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences work within a multinational environment and are able to operate on the international market.
- Admission to the Master’s programme in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences is possible throughout the year. However, international students who require the application for visa or housing are strongly advised to start the programme in February or September.