Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences and Science-Based Business
The Master’s specialisation in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences and Science-Based Business offers research-orientated education into drug design, discovery and development with training in the area of Management, Business and Entrepreneurship.
The specialisation in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences and Science-Based Business provides knowledge, insights and skills in the area of Management, Business and Entrepreneurship, with a focus on the (bio)pharmaceutical and biotechnological industry. It prepares students for a career in business innovation and enterprises by enhancing the competencies for pursuing entrepreneurial business opportunities created in science and research. Additionally, students gain important insight in the operation of (people in) organizations and the establishment and management of policy processes. The specialisation will broaden the horizon and lead to the acquirement of skills from which you will benefit whether you choose to pursue a career in business or academia.
Reasons to Choose Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences in Leiden
- The Master’s programme in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences is primarily focused on research within the entire area of drug research.
- The programme is offered by the Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research, a leading institute dedicated to world-class research and education in drug discovery and development. Students participate actively in research projects of excellent quality.
- In Leiden education in drug research at Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences can be combined with training in education, science communication, or science-based business. The examination programme is designed on an individual basis and offers a high degree of freedom of choice.
- Students enrolled in the Master’s programme Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences work within a multinational environment and are able to operate on the international market.
- Admission to the Master’s programme in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences is possible throughout the year. However, international students who require the application for visa or housing are strongly advised to start the programme in February or September.