Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences and Education
The Master’s specialisation in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences and Education comprises a one-year pharmaceutical component (taught in English) and a one-year teacher-training programme (taught in Dutch).
The Master’s specialisation in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences and Education offers research-orientated education into drug design, discovery and development in combination with the preparation for a career in teaching of Chemistry (Scheikunde) or Biology (Biologie). This programme qualifies students to teach in Dutch upper secondary education in the school subject associated with the MSc programme, the so-called “eerstegraadslesbevoegdheid”. The option to continue a career in Biopharmaceutical research as a PhD student is still open after finishing this Master’s specialisation.
Reasons to Choose Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences in Leiden
- The Master’s programme in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences is primarily focused on research within the entire area of drug research.
- The programme is offered by the Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research, a leading institute dedicated to world-class research and education in drug discovery and development. Students participate actively in research projects of excellent quality.
- In Leiden education in drug research at Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences can be combined with training in education, science communication, or science-based business. The examination programme is designed on an individual basis and offers a high degree of freedom of choice.
- Students enrolled in the Master’s programme Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences work within a multinational environment and are able to operate on the international market.
- Admission to the Master’s programme in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences is possible throughout the year. However, international students who require the application for visa or housing are strongly advised to start the programme in February or September.