Arts and Culture (research)
The Master’s programme in Arts and Culture (research) at Leiden University offers a unique two year programme, that integrates art history in media studies, literature and literary theory, since the study of cultural objects and cultural practices is founded on a shared theoretical and methodological framework.
Choose Arts and Culture (research) at Leiden University
- Join a programme that stands out by its global character, focus on design and applied arts, and integrated study of the visual arts and architecture.
- Benefit from its intense collaboration with the MA in Media Studies and the MA in Literary Studies.
- Acquire a valuable range of skills and knowledge, both disciplinary and interdisciplinary, historical and theoretical.
- Enjoy the research master’s flexible programme, encouraging you to adopt a interdisciplinary perspective, while following courses within your ‘home discipline’ as well.
- Focus on Arts and Culture, Media Studies or Literary Studies, or explore a single period (Middle Ages/Early Modern resp. Modern and Contemporary).
The courses address the relations of culture and society guided by the research programme of LUCAS, the Leiden Institute for the Arts in Society. LUCAS focuses on four domains, both in modern culture and through the ages: politics, law and justice, religion and technology
Check out the programme in Arts and Culture (research).